The feeding ministry to the homeless began on January 20th, 2018. We started with 26 breakfast meals and now we served almost 200 meals to both men and women twice a month. The breakfast meals are prepared and packed in our home and served out of the trunk of our car on streets corners. Here are some of the breakfast meals we have served French Toast, Pancakes, Croissants, Biscuits, Sausages, eggs and it is served with hot coffee, hot chocolate, tea or juice. We have also given away bibles, winter hats and socks. Our desire is to more and we do not look at it as a hand out but a “hand up” for those in need. Some of the areas that we are focusing on and would need your support:
- Open a soup kitchen where men, women and families will be served a hot meal on a weekly basis and on holidays.
- Pantry- Bags of love, are bags filled with non-perishable food to be given out.
- Provide brown bag lunches for children.
- Provide transportation for the homeless who wants to attend church.
- Provide Care Packs of hygiene products donated.
- Provide new or gentle used clothing donated.
- One of our long-term goal is to reach out to homeless shelters and work with them to provide housing for individuals who are ready, committed and eager to leave the shelter system and live independently.
We currently have 4 volunteers that are assisting us, and they are from different churches. We would like you to be part of this amazing experience by either volunteering, donating and financially partnering with us. The need is great, and we presently do not receive any funding or charitable donations. Our goal is to give HOPE and to develop long term relationships for the glory of God. You can email us atTruelighthealingmin@gmail.com or contact us at 1800- 454-0276.
True Light Healing Ministries is a 501(C) (3) organization registered in the State of New York.