The feeding ministry to the homeless began on January 20th, 2018. We started with 26 breakfast meals and now we served almost 200 meals to both men and women twice a month. The breakfast meals are prepared and packed in our home and served out of the trunk of our car on street corners. Here are some of the breakfast meals we have served; French Toast, Pancakes, Croissants, Biscuits, Sausages, and eggs. Beverages served; hot coffee, hot chocolate, tea, and juice. We have also given away bibles, winter hats, and socks. Our desire is to do much more and we do not look at it as a hand out but a “hand up” for those in need. Some of the areas that we are focusing on we would need your support:
- Open a soup kitchen where men, women and families will be served a hot meal on a weekly basis and on holidays.
- Pantry- Bags of love, are bags filled with non-perishable food to be given out.
- Provide brown bag lunches for children.
- Provide transportation for the homeless who wants to attend church services.
- Provide Care Packs of hygiene products donated.
- Provide new or gentle used clothing donated.
- One of our long-term goals is to reach out to homeless shelters and work with them to provide housing for individuals who are ready, committed, and eager to leave the shelter system and live independently.
We currently have 4 volunteers assisting us that belong to different churches. We would like you to be part of this amazing experience by either volunteering, donating, or financially partnering with us. Presently we received small charitable donations, but the need is very great. Our goal is to give HOPE and to develop long-term relationships for the glory of God.
You can email us at Truelighthealingmin@gmail.com or contact us at 1800-454-0276.
True Light Healing Ministries is a 501(C) (3) organization registered in the State of New York.